Cape Cod Intergroup VIRTUAL SPONSORSHIP SUCCESS WORKSHOP Speaker
A. WHY SHOULD YOU GET A SPONSOR AND HOW CAN YOU GET A SPONSOR?
- What is your greatest fear about getting a sponsor?
- Can your sponsor help you create your food plan?
- What if my sponsor asks me to do something I’m not ready to do?
- Can I have a temporary sponsor to get me started?
B. WHEN CAN YOU START SPONSORING? WHEN CAN YOU START BEING SPONSORED?
- What are the traits of a good sponsor?
- Do I always need to take sponsees through the steps?
- Do I need a separate 12-Step Sponsor? A separate food and action plan sponsor?
- How many sponsees should I have?
C. WHAT ARE SOME DIFFERENT SPONSORING STYLES?
- What approach works best for you, strict or flexible?
- Do sponsors/sponsees need to be in contact daily?
- What techniques does your sponsor use that you find helpful?
- Can I have a long-distance sponsor that I “meet” in a phone and/or online meeting?
D. HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN ITS TIME TO END A SPONSOR/SPONSEE RELATIONSHIP?
- What if my sponsee/sponsor is obviously slipping or in relapse?
- My sponsee doesn’t comply with the disciplines we’ve agreed on, what should I do?
- My sponsor gives me the same responses all the time (“Trust in God”, “One day at a time” etc.) What if I want more?
- How can we detach lovingly in order to move on?